Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Lamb Scrims

I don’t think there’s much value in pointing out the hypocrisy of the lambs – that counts for very little and it’s not what I am working toward. I am also not interested in providing a rationalizing justification for violence, my own or any other, although I do think that this line of thought bears upon an evaluation of “violence” (and “terrorism.”)

There’s something else here which I can’t spit out…It’s an inquiry into the nature of thought, what thinking is…It has to do with the unconscious and something I don’t understand about the unconscious—I have only thought I understood.

I think it’s funny how commonplace the idea of the unconscious has become for me…Yes, I’ve come to think of it as a boring idea. It’s not boring. The unconscious is not tame, and it cannot be tamed. I think this line of inquiry comes down to creating strategies for living with the damned predatory, wild animal. I may be re-inventing the wheel here, but for me this suddenly is exciting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home