Thursday, August 23, 2007

Here and Now in Never-Never Land

"Alas! there comes the time when man will no longer launch the arrow of his longing beyond man-- and the string of his bow will have unlearned to whizz!" -- Nietzsche

I will do something new, but in fitting with the mold of all things beautiful; I will create, but in fitting with the expectations of the masters of creativity; I will explore, according to a master plan; I will live, as living is done.

I will boldly and proudly display a naked body clothed with the cuts and implants of the best plastic surgeon; I am not ashamed of the imperfections of the flesh now that these have been removed from the flesh by laser surgery.

I will venture forth into the battleground of the marketplace where I will hunt and will conquer with my plastic spear encoded with zebra digits of the Serengetti -- that very expensive l'il boutique on Rodeo Drive.

I am my ideal, and now what am I?

Am I hidden or exposed?
Am I open, or am I closed?
Do I seize or do defer?
Am I the same, or do differ?

" What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?" so asks the last woman and blinks.

If shopping is not holy, woman is nothing but an antic clay.

Image: Erwin Olaf.

2 Comments:

Blogger Orla Schantz said...

Hi Yusef,

That's a tempting chick with a great body (certainly not a BwO - or?). Let's have more of those!

In fact we might explore the physicality of thought and the nature of desire - also the "DESIRE" of “desiring one’s own repression.”

The "beast with two backs" is as potent a statement as Sapere aude!

I like your pastiche on Nietzsche's "last man": " What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?" so asks the last woman and blinks.

The last man didn't ask any questions. He KNEW he had found happiness!

Orla

5:38 PM  
Blogger Orla Schantz said...

Oh, btw, thanks for the reference to Erwin Olaf.

I didn't know him, and automatically assumed from the name that he was Scandinavian like me, but he is Dutch and VERY good. There's a hint of Edward Hopper about him, don't you think?

Thanks again,

Orla

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home