Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Shadows of Totalization, Part XIII

Regarding my belief Orla’s (mis)understanding of “la gaya scienza” is resulting from an error of a homogenization, I noted in the last post that “la gaya scienza” is the 1) the gay, AND 2) the scienza.

What I call a homogenization error results when the AND is allowed conceptually to drop out.

I am very struck by Deleuze’s recognition of this in Orla’s recent quotation of him,

“…the conjunction AND is neither a union, nor a juxtaposition, but the birth of stammering, the outline of a broken line which always sets off at right angles, a sort of active and creative line of flight? AND…AND…AND”-- Deleuze: Dialogues II, (Continuum, 2006)

I wonder if Deleuze would also have said that the subtraction of the AND is the death of stammering, the end or cessation of an active and creative line of flight?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home