Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Shadows of Totalization, Part XX

I take this statement,

Descartes founds his philosophy on a self which is self-evident.

And translate it into this one,

I have a concept of my self wherein I understand my self as self-evident.

Rather than saying I translate the first statement into the second, perhaps it would be better to say I repeat it, with difference.

Rather than saying I believe the first statement “Descartes founds his philosophy on a self which is self-evident,” is a true statement, perhaps it would be better to say it also repeats (something), with difference.

I don’t know anything incorrect about the statement, “Descartes founds his philosophy on a self which is self-evident,” but I do know in my saying of it(in my authoring of it,) I have introduced differences from whatever it was Descartes did (say or do, in philosophy.)

Do I have any grounds for considering this difference, whatever it is, anything but a lack, (of adequacy, of completeness, of closeness of reading, of comprehension, of diligence, etc.)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home